ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Rethink Smartwatch

<< < (3/6) > >>

Fred Nerd:
I'l like to see someone jogging with the MP3 watch... cables everywhere.

The Android Smartwatch looks close to what I was thinking. In fact, I'm tempted to get one.

I'm not reallly serious about starting a kickstarter, I just get frustrated that what should be simple isn't there.

What I want is my $30 nokia in a watch shape, with tethering, and syncing all the data to your 'family' of devices.
So: watch receives text/email while you're mountain climbing, you read it and decide to ignore it, or call back.
Watch receives text/email while driving, read and reply on the tablet/phablet you keep in the dash, that way you don't run off the road trying to get your phone out of your pocket.
Watch receives email while at a formal dinner, scan your watch to see if it's important. Reply on fancy phone to impress people or sneak off to reply in private.

You can have endless devices on one phone plan, and your watch screen doesn't have to be high res because you only need basic info.

It just needs a 1 week battery. If Nokia can do it 10 years ago... where are we now???

Stoic Joker:
What I want is my $30 nokia in a watch shape, with tethering, and syncing all the data to your 'family' of devices.
-Fred Nerd (September 17, 2014, 04:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Personally, I just want my phone to be a phone ... But the Samsung Gear S rig in this iWatch vs. Samsung review seems to do much of what you're after.

Stoic Joker:
I had an early digital watch that required holding down a button to light the LEDs to see the time.  Try that on a motorcycle with no accelerator lock.-MilesAhead (September 16, 2014, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

LOL Same problem as checking the time on an LCD watch at night now -(even with cruise control)- It does tend to be a real PITA. :)

MilesAhead:
I had an early digital watch that required holding down a button to light the LEDs to see the time.  Try that on a motorcycle with no accelerator lock.-MilesAhead (September 16, 2014, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

LOL Same problem as checking the time on an LCD watch at night now -(even with cruise control)- It does tend to be a real PITA. :)
-Stoic Joker (September 17, 2014, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah.  If they did the watch I think it may be a case where you are better off using something like Dragon.  "Watch!  Call work.  Use fake sick voice to tell them I have the flu.  Then have pizza and beer delivered."

bob99:
-Fred Nerd (September 17, 2014, 04:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Personally, I just want my phone to be a phone ... But the Samsung Gear S rig in this iWatch vs. Samsung review seems to do much of what you're after.
-Stoic Joker (September 17, 2014, 06:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 on just being a phone.
To me they just look like a fancier version of a law enforcement ankle bracelet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version