ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How come @Stephen66515 keeps posting here about stuff that gets expunged?

<< < (5/6) > >>

crabby3:
I actually thought I had posted that one in my personal area and not in living room haha, no wonder I couldn't find it  ;D
-Stephen66515 (September 13, 2014, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Aha... so someone can post to the forum directly from My Personal Area?  Interesting.
-crabby3 (October 26, 2014, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

No.  One must copy and paste from Personal Area in order to move it to a live forum section.

I have a tendency to have a lot of DC tabs open at any one time and sometimes multiple "New Topic" tabs for mocking up posts before making them, and sometimes I don't realize I have posted something live that should have been a test post.
-Stephen66515 (October 26, 2014, 01:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay... thanks.  In my early days at DC I (thought) I was in My Personal Area when I clicked post but sent it to the forum and the wrong thread instead.

Just so I understand:  If I'm in MPA and click post... it will come up looking like a forum post but stay in MPA?   :tellme:
-crabby3 (October 26, 2014, 01:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes.  The Personal Area is a private area ONLY you can see. - It looks and feels like the public forum sections, but nobody else can see in there.

If you want to move something from that area to a public section, then you can do so by copy/paste method, or by speaking to mouser and asking him to move it for you.

You can contact mouser via PM | E-Mail | or Visit us in the Live Chat Room
-Stephen66515 (October 26, 2014, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Again thank you very much for a clear and informative reply.

It wasn't about what I said that made me want to remove it...
-Stephen66515 (September 13, 2014, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

This thread has peaked my curiosity.  Can you say what it was about... maybe a PM?      Silly Topic Allotment?   ;D
-crabby3 (October 26, 2014, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I was messing around posting silly ASCII emoticons ((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)) or something of the sorts and obviously it meant nothing so mouser deleted it as it wasn't a "topic" haha
-Stephen66515 (October 26, 2014, 02:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

...and the 9-11 memorial?

KynloStephen66515:
I actually thought I had posted that one in my personal area and not in living room haha, no wonder I couldn't find it  ;D
-Stephen66515 (September 13, 2014, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Aha... so someone can post to the forum directly from My Personal Area?  Interesting.
-crabby3 (October 26, 2014, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

No.  One must copy and paste from Personal Area in order to move it to a live forum section.

I have a tendency to have a lot of DC tabs open at any one time and sometimes multiple "New Topic" tabs for mocking up posts before making them, and sometimes I don't realize I have posted something live that should have been a test post.
-Stephen66515 (October 26, 2014, 01:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay... thanks.  In my early days at DC I (thought) I was in My Personal Area when I clicked post but sent it to the forum and the wrong thread instead.

Just so I understand:  If I'm in MPA and click post... it will come up looking like a forum post but stay in MPA?   :tellme:
-crabby3 (October 26, 2014, 01:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes.  The Personal Area is a private area ONLY you can see. - It looks and feels like the public forum sections, but nobody else can see in there.

If you want to move something from that area to a public section, then you can do so by copy/paste method, or by speaking to mouser and asking him to move it for you.

You can contact mouser via PM | E-Mail | or Visit us in the Live Chat Room
-Stephen66515 (October 26, 2014, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Again thank you very much for a clear and informative reply.

It wasn't about what I said that made me want to remove it...
-Stephen66515 (September 13, 2014, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

This thread has peaked my curiosity.  Can you say what it was about... maybe a PM?      Silly Topic Allotment?   ;D
-crabby3 (October 26, 2014, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I was messing around posting silly ASCII emoticons ((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)) or something of the sorts and obviously it meant nothing so mouser deleted it as it wasn't a "topic" haha
-Stephen66515 (October 26, 2014, 02:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

-crabby3 (October 26, 2014, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

A certain member on the forum decided to go on the offensive and attack the thread.  Due to those reasons I decided to self-censor the thread and have it deleted rather than the possibility of a flame war being on the DonationCoder boards. :)

IainB:
--- End quote ---
@crabby3: In answer to your Q, because he started getting flamed, @Stephen66515 self-censored his rather uplifting and positive 9-11 memorial post, and so I reposted it here: Re: Thoughts in remembrance of 911

For those who might perceive more strongly negative aspects about it, I started a thread in the Basement 911 HATE - hate what you hate or what others like or dislike about it.

crabby3:
A certain member on the forum decided to go on the offensive and attack the thread.  Due to those reasons I decided to self-censor the thread and have it deleted rather than the possibility of a flame war being on the DonationCoder boards. :)
-Stephen66515 (October 26, 2014, 04:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

...so your DC's DiNozzo?  The class-clown with a serious side as well?  An IT Pro with a sense of humor?  ... unheard of..   ;D

can't imagine who the perp is... too many possibles.  :(   just added 1 to my *ignor reply* list today .. .

crabby3:
--- End quote ---
@crabby3: In answer to your Q, because he started getting flamed, @Stephen66515 self-censored his rather uplifting and positive 9-11 memorial post, and so I reposted it here: Re: Thoughts in remembrance of 911

For those who might perceive more strongly negative aspects about it, I started a thread in the Basement 911 HATE - hate what you hate or what others like or dislike about it.
-IainB (October 26, 2014, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for the link IainB.  I pictured the towers coming down as I read.   :(

@Stephen66515  I found all of it very moving.  Maybe you aroused a sleeper-cell .. .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version