ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How come @Stephen66515 keeps posting here about stuff that gets expunged?

<< < (3/6) > >>

IainB:
It wasn't about what I said that made me want to remove it...it was about how a certain member of DC acted and I felt that it would be better for the community as a whole if a complete flame war didn't erupt...which that thread could have very easily started.
-Stephen66515 (September 13, 2014, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Coincidentally, this was also the sort of point I was making to @Stephen66515 in another thread in the Living Room, where he had made a genuinely kind and apolitical post and then succumbed to an aggressive outburst in response from another DCF member and so nervously censored his own post, thereby restricting his own speech and unwittingly making of himself a victim of, and submitting to, another's strongly-held opinions. Much as I detest the act of censorship and self-censorship, I detest the action of opinionated bullying and victimisation even more.
-IainB (September 13, 2014, 07:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Deozaan:
I detest the action of opinionated bullying and victimisation even more.-IainB (September 13, 2014, 07:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

You probably need to grow a stronger spine, mate.-IainB (September 13, 2014, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

So you're bullying him into submitting to the actions you and your strongly-held opinions dictate that he take by calling him spineless? :huh:

KynloStephen66515:
I detest the action of opinionated bullying and victimisation even more.-IainB (September 13, 2014, 07:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

You probably need to grow a stronger spine, mate.-IainB (September 13, 2014, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

So you're bullying him into submitting to the actions you and your strongly-held opinions dictate that he take by calling him spineless? :huh:
-Deozaan (September 14, 2014, 11:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

:huh: I want to laugh at this and dismiss it as an amusing quip...but...I do actually see your point there  :o

On another note...

I didn't "bow to pressure", I didn't "Give in to another's views" and I didn't "Succumb" to anybody.  I freely chose to remove a post that was going to cause a lot of arguments on the forum here.  I chose to do this so as to not raise anybodies tempers or cause mouser or any of the team at DC to have to start issuing any sort of warnings or banning people for losing their minds (All of which is a possibility when a community clashes heads over something).

I have no intention or want, of being the one to cause a mass-flame war on the forums whether through direct or indirect actions.

My decision was my own, and nobody else's.

IainB:
@Stephen66515: Ah, I think I understand now. Sorry to have seemed critical of you - it was really the action of self-censorship that I was critical of, not you per se.

I consider you made a very positive and potentially uplifting set of statements in that deleted OP, and deleting it was our loss.
I also realised that the negative contra views, whilst they may have been making some valid points (I don't know), were off-topic and likely Basement material.
I saw the need to enable the various flows of thought/discussion without losing the potential of your spontaneously positive and beautiful affirmation of the human life and spirit.

Sorted now, and thankyou for your uplifting comments.

crabby3:
I actually thought I had posted that one in my personal area and not in living room haha, no wonder I couldn't find it  ;D
-Stephen66515 (September 13, 2014, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Aha... so someone can post to the forum directly from My Personal Area?  Interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version