ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

‘Cyborg Unplug’ Is a Personal Jammer Against Drones, Glassholes

<< < (4/4)

wraith808:
No, I'll be getting quite interested in finding an unplug app for my phone...even if I have to side load it.
-Stoic Joker (September 11, 2014, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Then at that point you'll be interacting with someone's device that they may (and most likely will be) using for non-nefarious purposes.  How is that even tolerable?  

And I quote:
Besides protecting your own network, the device also has an “All Out Mode” that can disconnect unwanted devices in range from every network they’re connected to, including tethered cellphones.

--- End quote ---

How is that even reasonable?

Deozaan:
This is kind of a non-issue now that there are things like Android Wear, which has about 80-90% of the benefits and convenience of Glass without the drawbacks including potential privacy invasion of others.

wraith808:
A watch is not the same as glasses...  if you wanted to make glass without the privacy concerns, just don't include the ability to record or stream.  That would be the same as Android Wear.  I'm in it for the HUD, personally... and unless I missed something, you can't do that with a watch.

Stoic Joker:
No, I'll be getting quite interested in finding an unplug app for my phone...even if I have to side load it.
--- End quote ---

Then at that point you'll be interacting with someone's device that they may (and most likely will be) using for non-nefarious purposes.  How is that even tolerable?-wraith808 (September 11, 2014, 01:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have you ever heard of the never bring a camera to a bachelor party rule?? ...It's kinda like that.

You seem to be missing some very important hints I've been giving about location location location. Because there is a time and place for everything...and very (very...) bad place(s) for misunderstandings to occur ....Savvy?

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

Then at that point you'll be interacting with someone's device that they may (and most likely will be) using for non-nefarious purposes.  How is that even tolerable?-wraith808 (September 11, 2014, 01:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have you ever heard of the never bring a camera to a bachelor party rule?? ...It's kinda like that.

You seem to be missing some very important hints I've been giving about location location location. Because there is a time and place for everything...and very (very...) bad place(s) for misunderstandings to occur ....Savvy?
-Stoic Joker (September 11, 2014, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, I don't miss the hints about location.  We're talking about in general.  And I'd think that most people that use this type of tech wouldn't be in certain locations.  And if they are, and have this... or really any sort of recording device, they're going to be in a world of trouble.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version