topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:56 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Looking for new windows media center remote.  (Read 2452 times)

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Looking for new windows media center remote.
« on: September 11, 2014, 03:09 PM »
I currently have this media center remote. It apparently emulates keyboard keystrokes, because I have a samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0" tablet with the IR port on it. There is an option to control windows media center with the tablet, but I guess my remote isn't compatible with this. Also, for whatever reason, the play, pause, stop, and fastforward/rewind buttons no longer seem to want to work on my remote. (I haven't plugged the receiver into a different computer yet to see if it works on that computer yet). So what I am looking for is a windows media center remote that will let me use my tablet (or my note 4 whenever it is released, and I get it), or maybe something else down the road such as Logitech's Harmony remotes (are they any good?).

I bought a "Microsoft Media Center RC6 iR Remote Control Kit w/Receiver Cable" from ebay, but the seller hasn't shipped it yet. He sent me a message saying that he couldn't find the remote, but asked if I still wanted just the receiver. Would that receiver do the job?

As always, thanks for the help. I love how helpful the DC community has been in answering my many questions. You guys rock!

Edit: I guess I will find out if this microsoft remote will work. The guy found the remote, and is shipping it out in the morning.
[Insert really cool signature here]
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:38 PM by nite_monkey »