ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

A warning to anybody who is looking to purchase a VPS.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Renegade:
I know someone that charges what works out to be about $0.83 per month ($10/year) for his smallest VPS package, that would give a lot better customer service than that, for free. (and yes, I already pointed Stephen in his direction) So, no, the price isn't that unrealistic.
-app103 (September 10, 2014, 05:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm skeptical. Got a URL?

4wd:
FWIW, all the VPS' I've got atm, (only 4 - but they're addictive), I got through deals via Low End Box.

Low End Talk, their sister site, is a good place to do any research on a provider, eg. FortaTrust

mwb1100:
Low End Talk, their sister site, is a good place to do any research on a provider, eg. FortaTrust
-4wd (September 10, 2014, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

And one thing that's clear from reading Low end Talk for a bit is that the low end VPS market is littered with sketchy vendors.  There are vendors who provide what they say they will; but there are a lot who don't, who are fly-by-nights, or are simply in over their heads.

Low end VPS is a real buyer beware situation.

wraith808:
Low end Talk for a bit is that the low end VPS market is littered with sketchy vendors.  There are vendors who provide what they say they will; but there are a lot who don't, who are fly-by-nights, or are simply in over their heads.

Low end VPS is a real buyer beware situation.
-mwb1100 (September 10, 2014, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's why I pay my money and am happy to do it.  I recommend LiquidWeb to anyone that asks... but they are definitely not lower end, though they were a bit more so when I started with them.

rgdot:
A choice like a host has to be googled before using, the price may be one hint as to quality but more expensive doesn't equate to good either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version