ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Ideas wanted for celebrating 10th Anniversary of DonationCoder.com

<< < (5/7) > >>

Target:
How about some cool features that DC could add/host:-Stephen66515 (September 10, 2014, 10:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think it's appropriate to place any further impositions on DC (mouser) under the guise of a celebration, else we'll have to run fundraisers in January and February

How about contacting some of the sites that are sympathetic to DC (like Ghacks?).  Could be they'd like to contribute/participate...

KynloStephen66515:
How about some cool features that DC could add/host:-Stephen66515 (September 10, 2014, 10:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think it's appropriate to place any further impositions on DC (mouser) under the guise of a celebration, else we'll have to run fundraisers in January and February

How about contacting some of the sites that are sympathetic to DC (like Ghacks?).  Could be they'd like to contribute/participate...
-Target (September 11, 2014, 12:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wasn't thinking about anything that would really cause mouser to be overwhelmed with work.  I was thinking something like an e-mail service which would be provided by another service provider and such...or things like third-party scripts (Although you do run the risk of it becoming abandonware, and also the risk of mouser modifying it so damn much it becomes impossible just to update it from source lol)

KynloStephen66515:

-Stephen66515 (September 10, 2014, 10:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

I missed this bit a moment ago.  I would like so second this idea!  :D-Target (September 11, 2014, 12:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

panzer:

* A complete selection of EVERY piece of Software ever created on/for DonationCoder (A lot of stuff is probably lost on page 382749832 of Coding Snacks lol)-Stephen66515 (September 10, 2014, 10:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Better - a Ninite (https://ninite.com/) like software that will help you download or update software you mentioned so you don't have to search for it ... Far fetched, but it would be nice thing to have ...

app103:
How about some cool features that DC could add/host:

* E-Mail Provider
* Website Hosting
* Socialization (So things like Facebook Login, Social Media Sharing etc...would get a huge boost in people coming in from those sources)
* Document Hosting (I guess something like Google Docs)
* A new Homepage (It hasn't been updated in forever)
* A complete selection of EVERY piece of Software ever created on/for DonationCoder (A lot of stuff is probably lost on page 382749832 of Coding Snacks lol)
-Stephen66515 (September 10, 2014, 10:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mail provider? More headaches that it's worth, we don't need it, and there are plenty of other places you can go if you need an email service.

Website hosting? The member server already serves that purpose, while also causing mouser enough headaches.

Socialization? Perhaps it would be better to wait for DoCo 2.0.

Document hosting? Why?

A new homepage? Planned as part of Doco 2.0. ;)

An all inclusive software repository that will list every app ever made here, dragged up from the depths of the forum, aka a DoCo software repository? I offered to do that, and it would have been done already, but mouser rejected it, opting instead to make it part of DoCo 2.0.

Better - a Ninite (https://ninite.com/) like software that will help you download or update software you mentioned so you don't have to search for it ... Far fetched, but it would be nice thing to have ...
-panzer (September 11, 2014, 05:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

We already have DCUpdater, but it requires devs to at the very least create a text file and include it with their app (and host a copy) for it to work for updating, and giving a copy to mouser for inclusion with the Updater app, for installing from the "Available for Installation" tab.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version