ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 8's Task Manager -- Slow as Hell.

<< < (4/4)

Armando:
Reviving an old thread.  :)
Seems like Windows 8.1's Task Manager running got quicker (coming back from standby/sleep mode)! Something like 10x quicker.
Now you're talking.

MilesAhead:
Reviving an old thread.  :)
Seems like Windows 8.1's Task Manager running got quicker (coming back from standby/sleep mode)! Something like 10x quicker.
Now you're talking.
-Armando (December 12, 2013, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wonder if anyone tried the exe on 8.0?  I have 8.0 preloaded and there's no way I'd attempt to go to 8.1.

Right now I'm trying AnVir Task Manager Free since I saw it recommened someplace.  I haven't used it much yet though.  I liked DTaskManager but it only shows support up to Vista.

Edit:  and of course I have the SysInternals tools.

tomos:
Yeah, I'm still slow to upload to 8.1 - see.
So I guess I better install Process Explorer, cause it's true here too: "Windows 8's Task Manager -- Slow as Hell"

Armando:
I hate upgrading as it always brakes something. That's why I waited until March 2013 to leave XP.

The 8.1 upgrade (3 weeks ago) broke a few things (now working)

- Problems with all special folders (Documents, Music, Downloads, Videos, ...) : were reset to Microsoft defaults. So several applications couldn't find their configuration files as they were recreated elsewhere at start-up.
   - Lost Wi-Fi but after rebooting 2 times (presumably after a few patch installations or whatever) it came back. And now it works well... But I lost a couple hours trying to figure out what the heck...
   - Seems like my power management config were lost.

That said, I made 2 images of my drive on 2 separate hard drives before upgrading as I *never* trust any upgrade.

To summarize... Task Manager is now faster. : ) And I don't get to see the useless (for me) tiles at boot time.

Help4u:
I tried opening as administrator and it opened in just a second so big help there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version