ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Process Closer

(1/1)

MilesAhead:
I just ran into this yesterday and tried it out. Process Closer is yet another process kill close utility for Windows. What sets it apart is the usage. It runs in the Tray. When you want to kill a program you left click the tray icon. This opens a tooltip type window that says Drag and Kill. Put your mouse on that, then right mouse drag to the window of the process you want to kill. A confirmation dialog pops up.

No need to type in process name or window title. Very intuitive freeware.

Note that the link is to the Snapfiles listing since going to the developer's site I could find no link for Process Closer. Just a corporate outsourcing page.

Tuxman:
I use Process Explorer for that. Process Closer won't be able to kill applications without a window.

MilesAhead:
I use Process Explorer for that. Process Closer won't be able to kill applications without a window.
-Tuxman (September 06, 2014, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Of course not.  That's not what it's for.  It's for conveniently killing applications that have a visible window using an easy mouse motion.  For killing by name there's always command line and other utilities.

Edit:  It also has a "has stopped responding" detector.  The emphasis seems to be on quickly getting rid of dead windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version