ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

LINUX: Remarkable - a very simple previewing Markdown editor for Linux

<< < (3/3)

Tuxman:
Oh, that Qute is sweet indeed. Although I mainly use Markdown for quick drafts for later HTML conversion. But I'll take a look.

mwb1100:
Wow - I had no idea.

I might look at that Sublime Text setup for Markdown - I like that it's cross platform.

wraith808:
Wow - I had no idea.

I might look at that Sublime Text setup for Markdown - I like that it's cross platform.

-mwb1100 (September 08, 2014, 02:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, its in use in quite a few applications on windows and cross platform.  If you're looking for cross platform and don't mind web based, I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention the ones that I'm using:

Markable - has an HTML to markdown converter which can be useful.  Also has some other pretty cool features.

Dillinger - Live changing of markdown flavour.

Draft - Made with a real focus on writers, and collaboration on that writing.  Just started using it, but the developer seems really responsive.

StackEdit - side by side live preview

All of them import/export/sync to/from dropbox, evernote, google drive, etc... in some form or another.  I was skeptical, until I needed a quick way to edit on a few platforms in a hurry.  Tried stackedit, and it was great for that.  Synced up to google drive and drop box.  Viewed the output in Texts and exported using that to word.  Also used in Visual Studio as what I was doing was auditing code, which made it great to keep the workflow integrated.

wraith808:
Oh, that Qute is sweet indeed. Although I mainly use Markdown for quick drafts for later HTML conversion. But I'll take a look.
-Tuxman (September 08, 2014, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think I might have found another favorite editor.  After playing around with it for a while, I'm quite enamored.  There are minor quibbles, and it does show itself as development software, but so far it works quite well and the parsing is more than acceptable.  And it does do what Remarkable does.  Quite pleased with that find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version