ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Your favorite podcasts?

<< < (5/5)

nosh:
They host the same lower bitrate on their own site (same as you'd get on iTunes :P) than what they broadcast to digital radio stations.
#IIRC

nosh:
Necro time!  :P

my favorite podcasts are Dan Carlin's Hardcore History and Common Sense with Dan Carlin.
--- End quote ---

A HUGE thumbs up to Dan Carlin. I've always found history terribly boring but Hardcore History has ignited my curiosity, Dan is a great story-teller.

I'm becoming a bit of a political junkie as I age and I find his Common Sense podcast (which focuses on current affairs) even more fascinating. Dan tends to be more libertarian than not but wherever you place yourself on the political spectrum, there's a good chance he'll make you rethink or atleast question yourself on a few issues. Common Sense is a must listen! Can't recommend it enough.

Select episodes of both podcasts are available free on iTunes (older episodes can be purchased on his site dancarlin.com )

PS: I was listening to one of his much older episodes where Dan laments why the US president can't be a non-partisan, financially independent & upstanding citizen... say someone like Bill Cosby! But don't hold that against him.  ;D

They're on Youtube too:
Common Sense #295 - Trumping the Playbook (talking about the first GOP debate)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version