ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Meta-data

<< < (2/2)

Cuffy:
It's been 3:15 mins since I istalled to Win32 and there's still nothing active with the tagger.............. the damn thing is slower than me!!!  :D

Cuffy:
It's been almost six hours since I installed this on Win7/32 and I'm finally getting some action on .htm files, the first extension I assigned a handler to, using the File Association Manager. I think I'll leave that machine on all night since there's six partitions on a two terabyte drive, although there's little on the last four partitions except O/S type ISOs.
I'll keep you updated as I discover additional info.  :D

Cuffy:
Update:
I now have tags in all .htm files in all six partitions on that Win7/32 machine. Eight hours after installing the manager!

Surprise: This isn't a new feature. MS made in available in Vista  :up:
I never ran Vista so I hadn't seen it before.............
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Add-tags-or-other-properties-to-a-file#

and..... the more I play with this the more I wonder what I really want from it. The web pages were my primary concern but I also selected .cat files and .azw, Kindle book files. Will I ever have a reason to add a tag to that type of file? :huh:
Maybe it would be wise to make haste slowly and only add a file association when you are sure you will add tags. That would also shorten the time it takes to index/parse, or whatever it does that takes so long   :huh:
Time will tell, I guess and in the meantime I'm having a pretty good time and am real proud of this little tool. :P

Try it, you'll like it  8)

Cuffy:
Sounds interesting Cuffy thumbs up

Any chance of a couple of screenshots smiley

While I'm at it ;-)
would you consider doing a mini-review? The mini-review board is here:
--- End quote ---

Tomas,
Have you had a chance to look at the screenshots, etc. provided with download link?
Anything still unclear?

I haven't looked at your template for reviews but would be happy to give it a go if you think it would help  :huh:
Looking at the situation it may be information overload.... much like writing a tutorial on "How to Open a Folder"   :D
and reviews on how to open a folder are rare   :-[

More Info:
Whatever File Association Manager does it has already done it!
I just added .zip extension to both a Win8.1/64 machine and a Win7/32 machine and the Tag detail in the Property sheets activated immediately which means you won't have to wait for hours each time you add a new extension to the list  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version