ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Please help me find that utility - "Something" To TXT ?

<< < (2/7) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
 :huh: I read this post last night, and STILL can't see any use for this type of thing lol  Anybody wanna explain how this would be remotely helpful?  I mean...It shaves like 2 seconds or 2 clicks from doing it manually (By either creating a new text document then copypasta the name into it, or type the name manually...)

superboyac:
Hi guys, before many years i have use a tiny free utility that creates a text file from any windows file.
-sakiskom (September 03, 2014, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Man, I used to love that thing ... I think it was called F-note (short for file note). It was just a context menu item that showed up for all files that would put an empty text file with the same name in the same location as target file.

AbteriX's solution looks like a hit, as it will produce the same result.
-Stoic Joker (September 04, 2014, 11:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
I remember getting a virus that did this (on a work computer!) way back in 2000.  We went in the computer and noticed that every single audio file had a txt file created.  What a pain that was!

sakiskom:
What would be in this .txt file once it's created? Is it just a zero byte file with the same name as the non-txt file you click on?-x16wda (September 04, 2014, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes.

:huh: I read this post last night, and STILL can't see any use for this type of thing lol  Anybody wanna explain how this would be remotely helpful?  I mean...It shaves like 2 seconds or 2 clicks from doing it manually (By either creating a new text document then copypasta the name into it, or type the name manually...)-Stephen66515 (September 04, 2014, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have many free utilities and i want to create a .txt with the same name like the .exe . Insight to text i keep infos for the utility.
This is useful not only for software, but with any other file that you want to create a text file easy with the same name of the original file.

Works?-AbteriX (September 04, 2014, 07:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes!  ;D I use only the first parameter: IF NOT EXIST "%~n1.txt" Null > "%~n1.txt"
The "bonus" of the "create text from folder" i do not use.

Is there any way to not see the black command window from loading? Can you put on the backround?

AbteriX, thank you!

MilesAhead:
:huh: I read this post last night, and STILL can't see any use for this type of thing lol  Anybody wanna explain how this would be remotely helpful?  I mean...It shaves like 2 seconds or 2 clicks from doing it manually (By either creating a new text document then copypasta the name into it, or type the name manually...)
-Stephen66515 (September 04, 2014, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

This sounds vaguely familiar.  Perhaps I had something similar back in Win9x.  But the benefit is easier to see if you select several or several hundred files.  If you have a need for such matching text files.

sakiskom:
This sounds vaguely familiar.  Perhaps I had something similar back in Win9x.-MilesAhead (September 04, 2014, 03:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
I use that on WinXP. Maybe is on my files but because i don't remember the name, is verrrrrrrry difficult to find.

Man, I used to love that thing ... I think it was called F-note (short for file note).
It was just a context menu item that showed up for all files that would put an empty text file with the same name in the same location as target file.-Stoic Joker (September 04, 2014, 11:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
I search for find it. Do you know the official site or any other site to find it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version