ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Way to hide a desktop icon temporarily?

<< < (3/4) > >>

J-Mac:
No, you don’t need a rule for each icon. You put the icons you wish to hide in one fence and hide that area. Make it visible when you want and invisible when you want. Works here.

Jim

jshare:
No, you don’t need a rule for each icon. You put the icons you wish to hide in one fence and hide that area. Make it visible when you want and invisible when you want. Works here.

Jim
-J-Mac (September 04, 2014, 01:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

So I would make a separate fence per icon and then set a date when the fence becomes visible again?

It's a hack but that would probably be good enough for now.

J-Mac:
Or make a fence containing multiple icons which you want to hide, and make that "fence" or area visible as needed. DL a trial and give it a shot.

Jim

MilesAhead:
The scheduling means you pretty much have to use a service that's easier to use than Task Scheduler, or one of those Task Scheduler Gui front ends.

Then as skwire says, move to some holding folder and move back.

I'd ask around on Gizmo's freeware forum.  There may be some esoteric thing already out there.

jshare:
Or make a fence containing multiple icons which you want to hide, and make that "fence" or area visible as needed. DL a trial and give it a shot.
-J-Mac (September 04, 2014, 05:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

I installed the trial but it doesn't let me start the 30-day trial period. There's a big dialog box with 3 options and activate the trial is 3rd, but clicking it does nothing. If I try to make a fence, the option appears but then the fence doesn't. Google showed that other people have had this problem too.

The scheduling means you pretty much have to use a service that's easier to use than Task Scheduler, or one of those Task Scheduler Gui front ends.

Then as skwire says, move to some holding folder and move back.

I'd ask around on Gizmo's freeware forum.  There may be some esoteric thing already out there.
-MilesAhead (September 04, 2014, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'll take a look over there. Using Task Scheduler would be way too clunky for what I want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version