ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for calendar software

<< < (2/5) > >>

Dirhael:
eM Client have more or less exactly what you're asking for in the calendar part of it (it's an excellent Outlook alternative). I'm using the pro version, but it should also be available in the free one. AFAIK the only difference between them is that the free one limits you to adding 2 email accounts max.

hamradio:
I may be able to whip something up that could work for your purpose as a C# .net application.

rjbull:
Does anyone happen to know of some desktop calendar software (freeware) that can display events with a date range, as stripes similar to this-app103 (September 02, 2014, 02:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
I run Vista Home Premium, 32-bit, UAC On, user account; it has a calendar built in that looks like a cut down version of Outlook's.  It doesn't look as good as your WordPress plugin or eM Client, but it might be worth a quick look.  Mine resides in location  c:\Program Files\Windows Calendar\WinCal.exe
Looking for calendar software

rgdot:
Microsoft Works Calendar with a similar look to rjbull's screenshot here on Win7 Home Premium does that too

app103:
Does anyone happen to know of some desktop calendar software (freeware) that can display events with a date range, as stripes similar to this-app103 (September 02, 2014, 02:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
I run Vista Home Premium, 32-bit, UAC On, user account; it has a calendar built in that looks like a cut down version of Outlook's.  It doesn't look as good as your WordPress plugin or eM Client, but it might be worth a quick look.  Mine resides in location  c:\Program Files\Windows Calendar\WinCal.exe (see attachment in previous post)
-rjbull (September 02, 2014, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Microsoft Works Calendar with a similar look to rjbull's screenshot here on Win7 Home Premium does that too
-rgdot (September 02, 2014, 06:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

My Win7 Home Premium came with neither of these. It didn't come with any sort of calendar app at all.

eM Client have more or less exactly what you're asking for in the calendar part of it (it's an excellent Outlook alternative). I'm using the pro version, but it should also be available in the free one. AFAIK the only difference between them is that the free one limits you to adding 2 email accounts max.
-Dirhael (September 02, 2014, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

This works great! It's the only one so far that I have come across that actually displays date range events without splitting them and mis-aligning them after an overlap ends.  :-*

But I am wondering if there is a way to use the calendar without it wanting/needing to be tied to some sort of online service that it wants to sync with. I don't really want to tie this to any of my existing email addresses or online calendars and I don't want to create yet another email address, just for this. I just want this locally on this machine, only.

And the only reason why I need this is because my brain is incapable of quickly processing this info when viewing it on a shared spreadsheet. I am unable to construct a visual timeline of all of this, in my head. I NEED a calendar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version