ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

collaborative software, note strong, for small biz

<< < (4/4)

wraith808:
Not the silver bullet you're looking for, but what has worked for me the last year or so is Draft for collaborative document editing and Asana for... well, everything else.
-allen (September 02, 2014, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that... Draft looks quite cool!  I've been using StackEdit and Yarny for my online editing... that looks like it's going into the same toolset.

Steven Avery:
Hi,

Draft though is markdown, and I'm spoiled with RTF.

A few dead ends.

HyperOffice has a reputation for opt-out recurring billing.  That is ethically challenged.
UberNote has a big ad on the left, unless you go to premium for $80/yr, and seems to not be vibrant enough the last year or two.

So Zoho is on for now.

Steven

40hz:
So Zoho is on for now.

-Steven Avery (September 03, 2014, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Much as I'm not a big fan, if I were putting together a project team or a small creative endeavor today - with a limited budget and on very short notice - I'd most likely go with Zoho or Office 365. Office 365 for your standard "business' sort of operation. Zoho for creative/research/education/activism efforts.

Zoho also because most of the people I would end up doing non-biz things with with are either primarily Mac or Nix based (you know they type ;D ) - so missing Microsoft's weltanschauung is not a problem. That lack might even be considered a "plus" by most of them.

If 'real' world considerations necessitated 100% Microsoft compatibility for certain things (i.e. grant applications, financial filings, interfacing with legal or government entities) we can always spring for a single Office 365 subscription and set it up on a PC to be used as/if/when needed. Since the people I usually work with all know each other, we're very comfortable "hoteling" whenever we team up on a project. Saves huge amounts of time. space, and money.

Ah the joys of networked technology...  8)

Q: Where is our office?

A: (1) Nowhere; (2) Everywhere

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version