ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Youtube stepping up video size again?

(1/1)

Renegade:
Has anyone noticed that Youtube has stepped up the size of the videos again?

Now everything seems simply massive.

Deozaan:
In what sense of the word? Resolution? Screen real-estate? Filesize? Bandwidth use? :huh:

I was under the impression today that videos were appearing to take up less of my screen than usual.

Renegade:
Screen real estate.

It's now showing up at a 720p size. It was 360p, then 480p, and now 720p.

KynloStephen66515:
I assume you mean 1280x720?

I ask this because...well...as long as it is 16:9 (1.78:1)...you can view in 720p at well...any resolution that is 16:9...Right now, I have a small youtube window open...on my phone...running at 1080p...yes it is full screen...but seeing as that screen is tiny...it is...well...tiny?

720p = 720 horizontal scan lines (Not a depiction of actual size as such)

Renegade:
I assume you mean 1280x720?

I ask this because...well...as long as it is 16:9 (1.78:1)...you can view in 720p at well...any resolution that is 16:9...Right now, I have a small youtube window open...on my phone...running at 1080p...yes it is full screen...but seeing as that screen is tiny...it is...well...tiny?

720p = 720 horizontal scan lines (Not a depiction of actual size as such)
-Stephen66515 (August 30, 2014, 11:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. I meant what I said literally. It is playing at 480p resolution (bandwidth) in a 720p sized frame. Yeah. Go figger. I was like "WTF?!?" too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version