ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

free galileo board from MS

<< < (4/4)

Target:
I can confirm that I also received confirmation emails for both stages of the process.

we'll have to wait and see what, if anything, actually comes in the post

Deozaan:
It's sufficiently vague in what it says that I suspect no hardware is forthcoming, ie.

Pre-submit:

We’ll provide samples and documentation and we’ll show you how to create your own fun projects ...
--- End quote ---

This is in reference to the SDK/software.

Post-submit, the wording was along the lines of, (IIRC): "... we'll let you know when your kit has shipped ..."

Still sufficiently vague as it could be just a CD/DVD with requisite documentation/software.

Be that as it may, since I can't get the followup email maybe I'm just skeptical.  ;)
-4wd (July 09, 2014, 03:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

The post-submit email said essentially the same thing:

Thank you for signing up for the Windows Developer Program for IoT.  We’ll let you know when your kit has shipped.

Thank you,

Microsoft IoT Team
--- End quote ---

Also, the Internet of Things (IoT)? Is that in any way related to this?

Is Microsoft just trolling us all?

techidave:
I did get the email yesterday.

Deozaan:
If you're still waiting to hear about your free board from MS, you can stop holding your breath. You're not getting one.

Here's an excerpt from an email I just received from Microsoft (emphasis added):

While we are continuing our program, we have finished allocating all the Intel Galileo boards that we purchased. If you were allocated a kit then you should have received either a tracking number or an email saying a kit was allocated to you. If you haven’t received either of those two emails you will still be able to participate in the Windows Developer Program for IoT using a retail board.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version