ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Movie and Book Writing Thread

<< < (9/11) > >>

mouser:
kyrathaba, can you tell us more about Spunky exe? Did you write it yourself, or find it? Is there a web page for it or a video? More information on what it does, etc.?

mouser:
Three more books, each under a different pseudonym.
--- End quote ---
how fascinating!!! can you tell us more about the books and why use a different pseudonym for each? I would have thought it would be beneficial to establish a name..

bit:
Three more books, each under a different pseudonym.
--- End quote ---
how fascinating!!! can you tell us more about the books and why use a different pseudonym for each? I would have thought it would be beneficial to establish a name..
-mouser (July 07, 2015, 01:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
^Agreed and curious; one would think it extremely valuable to establish a name and go with it.

Here is some info on how to set up pen names at Amazon.com, which is most interesting.

I cannot reveal the name of my co-author, which prevents me from revealing my own name.
In setting up co-authorship at Amazon Kindle, I found out they will only pay royalties into one bank account, not two, so suitable arrangements must be made to accommodate this limitation somehow.

kyrathaba:
kyrathaba, can you tell us more about Spunky exe? Did you write it yourself, or find it? Is there a web page for it or a video? More information on what it does, etc.?
--- End quote ---

It's an AHK script I wrote that incorporates some of the AutoCorrect.ahk script and has some additions of my own. Basically, it uses hotstrings and replaces some errors "on the fly" -- mainly misspellings.

The pseudonym choice for the other three books was due to concerns that family members would identify some themes/characters as being reflections of themselves, if they knew I was the author ;)

Branding is important, but after two years of dipping my toes in this writing industry, I think the majority of Kindle authors are posers, exaggerating their reported sales, etc.

kyrathaba:
I did find that I liked a vintage version of MS Word for final setup of hypertext chapters and so on, for just before uploading to Amazon's Kindle Author Central, but just prefer O.O. 1.1.4 for daily use.
--- End quote ---

I'm with you, bit. I use Writer for all my document needs, both writing and proofreading.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version