ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

CMD-commands

(1/5) > >>

Cuffy:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/15-cmd-commands-every-windows-user-know/

Try'em...... they still work   :D

MilesAhead:
Speaking of command line.. do you (or anyone reading) know of a utility similar to Windows Run-Command?  WRC itself isn't so bad.  But the extras it has just don't seem to be things I use commonly, other than RegEdit Button.

All the GUI prompt emulators for Windows, be they multitab or whatever, just seem unstable.  Something like WRC would be cool f it just had more useful doodads tacked on.

Edit:  I'm thinking freeware utilities.   :)

Cuffy:
If I had a title maybe I could help  :huh:
I have about 300 CD/DVDs containing freeware that I have ratholed over the years and most have been indexed with Cathy but without something to look for I wouldn't know where to start  :-[

Come up with a title and I'll search all 300 discs to find it  :D

From memory, I don't recall a third party utility associated with the "Run" command in any O/S  :(

Renegade:
Oooooh! Nifty!

For "assoc", try "assoc >aso.txt" then open the file or just type "aso.txt".

I've not seen assoc before.

The CMD window doesn't hold many lines in the buffer, so you'll likely need to write it to a file to see the results.

x16wda:
Speaking of command line.. do you (or anyone reading) know of a utility similar to Windows Run-Command?
-MilesAhead (August 24, 2014, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you mean something like 4dos?  I never used it but it sounded like it could be good stuff, many people raved about it for years. Looks like it has gone freeware, although I haven't dug into the site.  I'm sure there are other DCers who can comment on it.

Or can you be more specific about what you have in mind?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version