ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

CMD-commands

<< < (2/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
Speaking of command line.. do you (or anyone reading) know of a utility similar to Windows Run-Command?
-MilesAhead (August 24, 2014, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you mean something like 4dos?  I never used it but it sounded like it could be good stuff, many people raved about it for years. Looks like it has gone freeware, although I haven't dug into the site.  I'm sure there are other DCers who can comment on it.

Or can you be more specific about what you have in mind?

-x16wda (August 24, 2014, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply.  :)

Something like this:
http://www.powercmd.com/

only free would be of interest.

And/Or Windows Run-Command only with a better button set.  RegEdit and a command prompt are obvious.  But the other buttons I don't recognize and there's no tool tip to tell what they are on mouse hover.  I'd have to run them to find out.  Always a hairy proposition.

rjbull:
The free version of 4DOS is TCC/LE by JP Software.  Here's a DC thread on it:  Take Command Console LE from JPSoft
For a free powercmd-alike (I think) here's a DC thread on Console:  console: a great CMD.exe replacement application.

Cuffy:
Speaking of command line.. do you (or anyone reading) know of a utility similar to Windows Run-Command?  WRC itself isn't so bad.  But the extras it has just don't seem to be things I use commonly, other than RegEdit Button.

All the GUI prompt emulators for Windows, be they multitab or whatever, just seem unstable.  Something like WRC would be cool f it just had more useful doodads tacked on.
--- End quote ---

http://alternativeto.net/software/windows-command-prompt-cmd/

It's hard to imagine that what you are looking for isn't available here.. :huh:

MilesAhead:
Speaking of command line.. do you (or anyone reading) know of a utility similar to Windows Run-Command?  WRC itself isn't so bad.  But the extras it has just don't seem to be things I use commonly, other than RegEdit Button.

All the GUI prompt emulators for Windows, be they multitab or whatever, just seem unstable.  Something like WRC would be cool f it just had more useful doodads tacked on.
--- End quote ---

http://alternativeto.net/software/windows-command-prompt-cmd/

It's hard to imagine that what you are looking for isn't available here.. :huh:
-Cuffy (August 24, 2014, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks.  :)

MilesAhead:
The free version of 4DOS is TCC/LE by JP Software.  Here's a DC thread on it:  Take Command Console LE from JPSoft
For a free powercmd-alike (I think) here's a DC thread on Console:  console: a great CMD.exe replacement application.
-rjbull (August 24, 2014, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

OK.  I remember playing around with 4NT quite awhile back. Thanks. It looks like it may be fun.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version