ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

R.I.P. Robin Williams

<< < (5/5)

KynloStephen66515:
Great Obit by Russell Brand

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/aug/12/russell-brand-robin-williams-divine-madness-broken-world

Is it melancholy to think that a world that Robin Williams can’t live in must be broken? To tie this sad event to the overarching misery of our times? No academic would co-sign a theory in which the tumult of our fractured and unhappy planet is causing the inherently hilarious to end their lives, though I did read that suicide among the middle-aged increased inexplicably in 1999 and has been rising ever since. Is it a condition of our era?

--- End quote ---
-wraith808 (August 14, 2014, 04:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Russel Brand never ceases to amaze me...I used to think "Wow...just another drug crazed 'funny man'" and yet, his insightful and intellectual comments make me realize that I was a complete asshole for judging a book by its cover.

On the main note:  Robin touched many generations and was an amazing actor and comedian and will be sadly missed by a LOT of people.

Rest in Peace dude, and I hope you are up there making all our lost loved ones laugh.

Renegade:
Bizarre coincidence - Family Guy episode that aired while the news broke had Robin Williams in it committing suicide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version