ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Talents and talent shows

<< < (4/12) > >>

40hz:
...she seems to remind many people of Kenichi's stuff from last year, which is understandable as the interaction with a projection is similar between the two. She actually did her original animation act that I mentioned above a few years before Kenichi was on AGT, but as far as the show and its viewers are concerned Kenichi invented the concept. ;)

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (August 22, 2014, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

That happens. It's been said that only one product can own a 'word.' Fedex owns "overnight" while DHL owns "worldwide." Same goes for a creative concept. Somebody gets dubbed as the inventor and that's that.

Not that it matters when it comes to your GF. She's good. Very good indeed. And it doesn't matter so much who's first. All that really matters is who's best at it. :Thmbsup:

JavaJones:
I'm onboard with all that 40hz. :D

- Oshyan

JavaJones:
Well folks, Abbey's next performance on America's Got Talent has almost arrived. So here's the info to vote, if you don't mind helping out. :)

Her act is called Aerial Animation and the show is on tomorrow night, Tuesday August 26th at 9PM Pacific/Eastern Time/8 Central (it airs live for East Coasters, delayed for West Coasters). It runs for 2 hours and voting is at the end. There are 3 ways to vote, and you get 10 points *for each voting method* to distribute to the acts you like. You will be able to vote on the official AGT site here (after the show airs): http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/vote

You can also do a Google search for "America's Got Talent" and you should be able to vote live on Google itself. This will be a voting "widget" on the Google search results page, you vote right there, don't follow any links. Again this will only work after the show airs. And since you're all DC-ers and you can handle complexity, I'll let you in on a little secret: you can vote 10 points for *each* Google account you have (not including Google Apps accounts). So if you have multiple you can just Switch Accounts and vote some more (if desired). :D

Last but not least, you will also be able to call-in (info should be on the page above, after the show). There are unique numbers for each act and it records one vote per call, automatically, then hangs up on you. It's kind of annoying, but not too bad to just keep redialing and wait a moment until it hangs up on you. I wouldn't blame you if you don't do the phone thing. But the NBC and Google site voting is easy.

Phone voting closes 2 hours after the show airs (local time, so if you're on the East Coast, phone voting is over at 1AM Eastern; they do it by area code I think), but I think Internet voting works until 9 or 10AM the next day, so if it's a little past your bedtime to vote at 11, feel free to give it a shot on Wednesday.

Also on Wednesday will be the results show where we find out if she made it through. Again I think it's at 9PM. I'll post the results here afterward for anyone who doesn't want to watch (I wouldn't blame you, hehe).

Thanks everyone!

P.S. I was serious about wanting to see other people's talents. Anyone want to show anything cool? Are you a painter? Sculpter? Singer? Do you have perfect push-up form? A really interesting-looking eyeball?

- Oshyan

KynloStephen66515:
You can also do a Google search for "America's Got Talent" and you should be able to vote live on Google itself. This will be a voting "widget" on the Google search results page, you vote right there, don't follow any links. Again this will only work after the show airs. And since you're all DC-ers and you can handle complexity, I'll let you in on a little secret: you can vote 10 points for *each* Google account you have (not including Google Apps accounts). So if you have multiple you can just Switch Accounts and vote some more (if desired).
--- End quote ---

A> What time will voting open (In the UK)
B> I have like 5 GMail accounts...so........;)

JavaJones:
Hah! Well, I think technically UK people aren't allowed to vote. :-p I guess I should have clarified the America part. But you can try! Internet voting should be available from 11PM Eastern Time onward, so um... what is that, 3PM, 4PM your time?

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version