ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Share your photos! Travel shots, photoblogs, etc.

<< < (3/32) > >>

JavaJones:
Oh my god, I love super long piers!! That's awesome. Thanks for showing that. :)

We have one in the Bay Area, no longer functional unfortunately, but it used to be 3.5 miles long! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_Pier

- Oshyan

KynloStephen66515:
Oh my god, I love super long piers!! That's awesome. Thanks for showing that. :)

We have one in the Bay Area, no longer functional unfortunately, but it used to be 3.5 miles long! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_Pier

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (December 06, 2014, 08:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Honestly...I thought 1.33Miles was enough to walk down the pier haha, couldn't imagine walking almost 3x that haha - Worth it though on the Southend one...there is a lovely restaurant at the end, a little ice-cream parlor and the Life Boat Station (With a gift shop). You could get a train to the end of the pier instead of walking, but...where's the fun in that?! :P

4wd:
A few panoramas from my last trip, (these have been reduced to about 20-30% of their full size):

Pink flamingoes at Walvis Bayw:

Jamestown from about halfway up Jacob's Ladderw (supposedly 699 or 700 steps, I forgot to count):

Ascension Islandw, the uninhabited side.  Unfortunately we weren't in the 15% of ships who actually get to land, there's no pier, (just a rock outcrop), so if the sea isn't dead flat you're out of luck.

Mindelow:

Pop quiz: Who can identify the type of the half submerged boat to the left of the ARMAS ferry?

For interest: 12,515 geotagged digital photos.

Jibz:
I enjoy taking pictures of flowers, and some of them end up on 500px:

tomos:
^ beautiful :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version