ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Satnav for android

<< < (3/3)

kalos:
You should really try Sygic*, its partly free, and fully usable off-line (without internet connecton) if you pre-download the maps when still on WiFi.

* No connection to the company.
-Ath (October 22, 2014, 12:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sygic, Igo, Copilot, are all good and can all be used offline once you download maps.
-mouser (October 22, 2014, 12:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for your suggestions but I really need the excellent search feature of Google Maps, that you type anything (like petrol station, mcdonalds, partial post code, supermarket, etc) and it returns excellent local results

KynloStephen66515:
Google Maps DOES tell you what side of the road to stay on...I remember quite clearly that it tells you to "Keep left" or "Keep right" or "Stay in lane" etc...

kalos:
it seems that Google Maps does not suggest me the shortest (in time) way, but it navigates me via the way I followed few times in the past! it seems it identified that this way is the preferred and it doesn't change it to the shortest way! is there a way to fix this? I want to always navigate via the shortest in time way!

kalos:
Also, I would like to say 'repeat' and Google Maps to repeat the last navigation instruction it said! is it possible? because sometimes I don't remember what it said!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version