ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Frustrated Mom Creates ‘Ignore No More’ App To Get Teen Kids To Return Calls

<< < (7/9) > >>

tomos:
^ I get a sense this is leading somewhere?

Could it be plans to introduce surveillance of the parents to ensure that they do what you, or the government, or whoever, want and think correct?  :)

You're railing against things that I'm not reading in this thread. No one here said they're 'automatically qualified' (or did I miss something?).

If: "Parents. Only. Exclusively." :then: Why so?-40hz (August 19, 2014, 12:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Related:
# we all know that the state does intrude there occasionally, with mixed results.
# society has largely lost it's traditional structure where an extended family and close-knit community could compensate for parents' lack of experience.

I believe that most people at some level love their parents (even if they have reason to hate them too).

wraith808:
So again, just what special magic makes a person automatically qualified to raise a child just by virtue of their contributing an egg or sperm cell to the equation?
-40hz (August 19, 2014, 01:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

What special magic makes the state capable?  What special magic makes *anyone* capable?

It's at least a start if you can include love in the equation, which is more likely than if you go the other way.

So what are you arguing?   :huh:

Stoic Joker:
^ I get a sense this is leading somewhere?-tomos (August 19, 2014, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me too. *Shrug* ...The current system has been in place for x million years and somehow the species has managed to survive so... What alternating is being proposed? Or is this just one of those thought experiments designed to circuitously demonstrate just how nihilistically hosed we really in the grand scheme of things?

40hz:
Dunno. You see it or you don't. Or maybe it's just me? That seems to be the consensus, so I think I'm gonna drop it before it starts going in circles.

Onward! :) :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
I love this thread, thanks all.

When it comes to this subject, I find myself agreeing with Louie in one of the episodes, where he says something like...I just want to be able to raise my girls so they are capable of going to a city, finding a job, and settling down into a decent job and lifestyle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version