ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

HDMI cables

<< < (2/3) > >>

40hz:
+1 on HDMI video cables from Monoprice.

They're pretty much all I buy for myself or my clients.

Never had a single problem with their product or service.  

Deozaan:
I recently-ish bought some of the USB -> USB Micro cables from Monoprice.  I wanted nice, long 6' cables so it could reach from the outlets, and it turns out that my tablet's case is too snug around the USB connector for the "fat" ones to plug in while the case is on. So I had to get the more expensive, thin ones.

After a few weeks of using it to charge my phone and/or tablet the internal wires are poking out near the connection. )c:

The cable still works fine, but I have to say I was disappointed at paying extra and having it falling apart so quickly. This is really my only complaint I have about Monoprice.

Cuffy:
I'm surprised as well!
Can you document a refund or return? The shipping to return the cable is probably more than the cost of the cable but with that image I'd have a chat with their customer service and suggest that they replace the cable, post haste, without returning the bad one. There is a whole helluva lot of people at DC, CNET, and elseware, that should be appraised of the actions of Monoprice to make a bad deal right. The negative publicity alone should be all the incentive they need.
We have an investigative reporter at a local TV station and he has a team of volunteers contacting sellers, venders, stores, etc., when a refund or replacement is refused. Even big box stores seen to respond rapidly when bad publicity enters the picture.  :)

If you pursue it, please keep us in the loop. I'd sure like to know what kind of company Monoprice really is...... >:(

Deozaan:
If you pursue it, please keep us in the loop. I'd sure like to know what kind of company Monoprice really is...... >:(-Cuffy (August 16, 2014, 08:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I won't be pursuing it. Thinking on it, I actually ordered the cables about a year ago but didn't open them right away. When I finally did open them and start using the long, thin ones, it only took maybe 4-6 weeks for the wires to get exposed. But as I said, the cables still work perfectly.

I think if I order more and experience the same issue, then I might pursue it with those ones.

But anyway, I didn't mean to derail the topic. I still turn primarily to Monoprice when it comes to buying cables. Especially things like HDMI cables. (c:

Cuffy:
But anyway, I didn't mean to derail the topic. I still turn primarily to Monoprice when it comes to buying cables. Especially things like HDMI cables. (c:
--- End quote ---

Thanks for bringing us up to date!

I've been shopping Monoprice for years without incident  :)
Many years ago I acquired a 20" CRT type monitor (at a yard sale) and both the power cord and hdmi cable were missing  :huh:
BestBuy is about two city blocks from here.
Headed to BB where the dapper young dude in charge of cables produced an hdmi cable, 25 ft long, for only $49.95  :o
I was informed that it would work perfectly for a desktop computer and the extra cable could be tucked discretely behind the desk  :D
It was almost exactly the time I discovered Monoprice where I purchased both cables for that old monitor, and a spare 6 footer, delivered at my front door for $14 bucks.
and Sir  8), I'm betting that with that picture in a short email you'd soon receive a new cable in the mail. Surely they are interested in what they're putting over the counter and that pic tells the whole story  ;D
It may be an exercise in futility, a sorry return on time invested, or it may restore the confidence in Monoprice that we've all had for a long time  :D

not that I'm a protagonist or sumthin'   :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version