ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Fastest note taking tool?

<< < (2/4) > >>

rjbull:
+1 for CintaNotes  :Thmbsup:

NotesHolder is nice, but I gave up on it because one version of NotesHolder Pro kept getting flagged as a virus (oddly, the free version didn't), because of the aforementioned lack of developer response/updating, and because trying to use its reminder feature was driving me round the bend.

phitsc:
There's also hamradio's hamNotes plugin for FARR.

Dirhael:
Notation might fit the bill.

I just started testing it myself, and I like it so far. Just hit WINKEY+N and start typing your note, then ESC to hide again. In the next release, according to a comment on lifehacker, the developer plans to add a Markdown preview as well (for now, it processes markdown to html when exporting). I'm also hoping for some form of Dropbox sync feature..

rjbull:
Notation might fit the bill. [...] I'm also hoping for some form of Dropbox sync feature..-Dirhael (August 12, 2014, 08:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Their Web page says Portability: Keep your notes synced among your devices using Simplenote
--- End quote ---
I wish people would routinely produce no-install versions, so much easier to make quick tests...

Dirhael:
Notation might fit the bill. [...] I'm also hoping for some form of Dropbox sync feature..-Dirhael (August 12, 2014, 08:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Their Web page says Portability: Keep your notes synced among your devices using Simplenote
--- End quote ---
I wish people would routinely produce no-install versions, so much easier to make quick tests...
-rjbull (August 13, 2014, 09:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

A portable version would also make it quite easy to work with services such as Dropbox. That said, as a workaround I just moved the %appdata%\Notation\Notes folder to my Dropbox folder (which I've got stored on my NAS), and just symlinked it back. Now it syncs just fine, although it requires you to restart the app on the other PC's if modifying or adding notes on another.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version