ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Rock Paper Scissors 25 - an old game, a very cool twist

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
Seriously, things like this tell me there is still hope for this world of ours.
this takes the rock-paper-scissors game idea to a whole new level.  pure genius.

9/25/05: After receiving 100+ letters in the past two weeks (mostly) raving about RPS-15 and including lots of ideas for more gestures, and also with so many requests to incorporate gestures from other popular bastardizations of RPS, I elected to cap this whole nightmarishly ridiculous endeavor with an Earth-swallowing 25-gesture game. This is it...I swear I am done now.

--- End quote ---

http://www.umop.com/rps25.htm

from boingboing

jgpaiva:
Crazy, interesting and.. weird! ;)
Although i've tried a bunch of times to extend this game, i've never been successfull.
But i've invented one extension too: pickaxe! :D The problem was that it didn't make much sense, as it could destroy both the rock and the scisors. But it had a nice gesture!
Here it is:
Rock Paper Scissors 25 - an old game, a very cool twist

;D ;D

Seriously, things like this tell me there is still hope for this world of ours.
-mouser (June 01, 2006, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh.. Come one.. It's not a rps game that make that.. DC makes us believe there's hope ;)

jgpaiva:
I just remembered: Do you think anyone ever could remember all those precedences?

Here's my favourite:
"Monkey:

* Flings poop at woman
* Flings poop at man"
That's a powerful ability! :D

momonan:
This just in, for you hardcore rock paper scissors fans: :D

Legal Dispute to Be Settled By 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' Match

When two attorneys could not agree about where to take the sworn statement of a witness, a federal judge in Florida ordered them to settle their dispute by using the game of rock, paper, scissors "as a new form of alternative dispute resolution."

Matti Leshem, co-commissioner for the USA Rock Paper Scissors League, thinks it is a positive moment for the world when anyone uses rock paper scissors to adjudicate a dispute.  He does have some concerns, though, about the rules that will be used, such as the number of pumps before the throw or if "illegal" throws will be allowed.

To make sure official USARPS rules are followed, Lesham and his staff are willing to fly down to Florida to oversee the match so that rock, paper, scissors is not made a mockery by the legal system. "When people take rock, paper, scissors into their own hands," he said, "mayhem can occur."

The USA Rock Paper Scissors League is getting ready for its national championship on June 12, 2006, where the winner will receive $50,000. The tournament will air on A&E.

jgpaiva:
The USA Rock Paper Scissors League is getting ready for its national championship on June 12, 2006, where the winner will receive $50,000. The tournament will air on A&E.
-momonan (June 08, 2006, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
:huh: :huh: There's a "USA Rock Paper Scissors League" ??  ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version