ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Everything Search Engine: tips, tricks, ideas and code for poweruse

<< < (5/5)

Nod5:
Where you have installed Everything does not matter.

The script only opens images with these extensions jpg,jpeg,tif,png,gif (to change that edit line 23) - maybe you selected some images with other extensions?

Save and try this troubleshooting version of the script. The only difference is that it displays a popup message test1 when you press F4 and when IrFanView has loaded the first image and you press windows+left/right it should display three popups (test 2, 3, 4).
Do you get all those four popups?
Does the test1 popup include all the paths to the images selected in Everything?
Does the test3 popup show a number?
Does the test4 popup show a file path to one of the images selected in Everything?

--- ---#NoEnv
SendMode Input
#SingleInstance force

GroupAdd,xwin,ahk_exe MaxView.exe
GroupAdd,xwin,ahk_exe i_view32.exe
GroupAdd,xwin,ahk_exe JPEGView.exe

#IfWinActive, ahk_class EVERYTHING
F4::
clipsaved := ClipboardAll  
clipboard =
send ^c
clipwait
x := clipboard
clipboard := clipsaved
clipsaved =

arr := {}
Loop, Parse, x, `n, `r
{
SplitPath, A_LoopField,,,xext
if xext in jpg,jpeg,tif,png,gif
arr.Insert(A_LoopField)
temp = %temp%`n%A_LoopField%
}
x = 0
msgbox test1:`n%temp%
gosub showfirst
return
#IfWinActive

#IfWinActive ahk_group xwin
#Right::
#Left::
showfirst:
msgbox test2
if (arr.MaxIndex()<1)or(x==arr.MaxIndex() and A_ThisHotkey=="#Right")or(x==1 and A_ThisHotkey=="#Left")
return
x += A_ThisHotkey == "#Left" ? -1 : 1
msgbox test3: number=%x%
do := arr[x]
msgbox test4: %do%
Run %do%
return
#IfWinActive

nms1944:
I found the problem.  I misinterpreted what you meant by Selected.  I thought all results were Selected results.  Once I selected individual images the script worked. 

Thank you for your help.

Nod5:
Ah, didn't think to ask about that. Anyway, glad that it is working now.  :)

Nod5:
Everything version 1.4 was released a while back. One new feature is view modes, including image thumbnails! A custom hotkey can be set to toggle between the regular detailed file name list and a thumbnail mode.

My script in the first post still works with the new version. So it is now possible to first text search for some images based on filename, then browse and click select a number of them and finally use the my script to view and navigate between only those selected images in an image viewer. Pretty neat!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version