ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

LinuxCon 2014

(1/2) > >>

Masonjar13:
Through my college, I'm getting into LinuxCon for free :up: I'm super excited about it! I've never actually been to a convention before though, so it'll be extra interesting. Is anyone else attending?

mouser:
Not me, but a good friend is attending and interviewing for some jobs.

Masonjar13:
Interviewing at a con? I didn't know that was a thing, interesting. There's some very big names there, hope that goes well for him/her. I don't think I'm quite good enough myself for any of those companies, but someday.

40hz:
I don't think I'm quite good enough myself for any of those companies, but someday.
-Masonjar13 (August 08, 2014, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

You never know until you try. If they won't hire you, maybe they can offer you some solid career advice.

Don't just walk around and gawk. Make it a point to try and meet some people while you're there.

Luck! :Thmbsup:

Masonjar13:
Linus Torvalds is going to be there, I won't be hesitating to meet him! I'm not the most social of people, but the only thing I love more than coding is pure knowledge and what better way to receive said knowledge than asking the sources?

Thanks 40hz :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version