ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New "censorship" technique on Youtube

<< < (3/3)

nite_monkey:
I live in the US, and several years ago, I ran across a video that had that muted audio claim on it. I haven't seen it recently tho. All I have seen recently is just videos that have been removed due to copyright claims, or not available in my country.

Renegade:
I live in the US, and several years ago, I ran across a video that had that muted audio claim on it. I haven't seen it recently tho. All I have seen recently is just videos that have been removed due to copyright claims, or not available in my country.
-nite_monkey (August 08, 2014, 11:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm... I'm a bit surprised that I've not run across this before then. I've had lots of completely blacked out videos, but this was the first time I'd seen this particular bit.

MilesAhead:
oh yeah,
Miles! you've been hanging around with too many skinny models !! :P
-tomos (August 08, 2014, 08:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh.  I must be gettin' old cuz Britney ain't lookin' too bad to me.  :)
-MilesAhead (August 08, 2014, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll still stick to Juliette Binoche  :-* or Julia Ormond. If I want thin there's always Mila Jovovich. She's a passable "sorta pop" musician too. (I've heard worse music - some of which garnered major awards.)
-40hz (August 08, 2014, 05:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know any of the Japanese pop vocalists(or hip hop or whatnot) but the actresses blow Hollywood Hot Chicks out of the water.  Unfortunately I don't remember most of the their names either.  But I use d-addicts, AsianMediaWiki and jdorama.com to refresh my memory.

The Chinese actress Shu Qi looks great for 38.
(Rhyme unintentional.)  :)

CWuestefeld:
I had a YT video that was flagged for infringing on a music copyright. They alerted me, and presented me with a list of choices from which I could choose how I wanted to handle it. I could say that I had permission to use the piece, and stuff like that. But "mute the audio" wasn't one of the choices, as far as I can recall.

What sticks out in my memory about the incident though, was something else. They were right that the audio wasn't mine - but the piece that they flagged it as being a copy of was incorrect! They said I was copying X (I forget what), but my video was not X, it was a different song entirely. And of the choices they give you for how to handle it, they don't give you an option for "YT identified the audio wrong, it's not really that song at all". I was stuck.

Deozaan:
Twitch.tv will do this, too. I'm not sure if it mutes the livestream, but it will mute the recording. Even if it's your own! You're not allowed to listen to the audio on your own recording if they match it to some copyrighted content.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version