ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a project time tracker/nag tool that keeps me writing billable notes

<< < (9/9)

40hz:
Sorry, but unless this solution reads application window titles and automatically tracks hours based on activity in the respective windows (which I suppose it doesn't) -- it is only one of the many (sorry again) USELESS "solutions" for time tracking and billing which instead only puts another layer of complexity on top of one's projects.
-David.P (October 28, 2014, 05:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Um..."useless" is a pretty harsh characterization. Wouldn't it be more correct to to say it's "USELESS" for your purposes? 

Just sayin' :)

David.P:
In my view, useless for anybody who does not have the resources to hire additional people who look over the actual worker's shoulder and click on "Start Tracking Project" and "Stop Tracking Project" buttons all day long according to what the actual workers are currently doing.

Sorry about that.

Robert-Sav:
I use time tracking tool from Yaware. I would like to recommend it to you as well, but I have not noticed any pop-up wondows there. Still it is worth trying, as it shows not only what websites or programs were opened and for how long, but also records time where you are away from the computer. http://timetracker.yaware.com/

David.P:
Thanks. Had a look at it. Hated the website because it:

a) only shows flashy Apple hardware
b) does not even scroll properly because all of the bling-bling, almost crashed my browser
c) does not have any information about how the product actually works
d) forces you to sign up

To me, this service or whatever it is, seems to be targeted towards the typical mooncalfs in Controlling. Could be otherwise, but for the moment, I'll stick with Anuran.

It's of course not meant personally.

Cheers
David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version