ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Dual Boot questions

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
Just an FYI:

Dual booting is always a bit hairy because it requires modification to the boot procedure.

What  I much prefer is to use an internal drive rack as your primary hard drive, and just slot in and out different boot drives.

Though these days, virtual machine software (like VmWare) is often the most convenient approach to running additional operating systems and "virtual" machines.

MilesAhead:
Just an FYI:

Dual booting is always a bit hairy because it requires modification to the boot procedure.

What  I much prefer is to use an internal drive rack as your primary hard drive, and just slot in and out different boot drives.
-mouser (August 08, 2014, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wish I got onto that.  I guy on another forum uses the drive rack.  Every couple of days he makes a Macrium image of the boot drive and restores it to an identical drive in a docking station.  If he has a HD failure he pulls the backup drive out of a drawer, slides it in the rack and boots.

Curt:
Windows 2012
-Shades (August 08, 2014, 01:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

popup from Firefox FastestFox:

--- End quote ---

Shades:
Windows Server 2012 R2, the 'Standard' version with GUI, to be more specific.

Cuffy:
I've played mouser's game for years.
New OS? Pull the drive and install a clean drive.
But, if you want to play the silly dual boot bit you might want to take a close look at Easy BCD page. It bailed me out of trouble a couple of times.........

http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

I don't recall ever running a dual boot system that didn't turn sour  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version