ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR's launch history cleared on full shutdown (win8.1)

(1/1)

tomos:
FARR's launch history cleared on full shutdown Windows 8.1 / x64

I've noticed that FARR's launch history gets cleared when I do a full shutdown** (had to do a couple today) - a 'normal' shutdown doesnt seem to have any effect on it.

** Full shutdown done via desktop shortcut:
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0

I dont think I've changed any history options - let me know if you want any details (I couldnt find any that would do this but may well have missed something).

Ath:
Using /t 0 implies the /f (force) switch for shutdown, that may probably be why it doesn't send the pre-shutdown event to all active applications?

mouser:
i'll look into it, that suggests that i'm using a dumb way to write the launch history file.

tomos:
Using /t 0 implies the /f (force) switch for shutdown, that may probably be why it doesn't send the pre-shutdown event to all active applications?
-Ath (August 05, 2014, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I dropped the /t 0 part and FARR was okay after reboot - it remembered the launch history :up: :up:

Stoic Joker:
Using /t 0 implies the /f (force) switch for shutdown, that may probably be why it doesn't send the pre-shutdown event to all active applications?-Ath (August 05, 2014, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

That didn't sound right to me, so I did a shutdown /? and found this.

/t xxx     Set the time-out period before shutdown to xxx seconds.
           The valid range is 0-315360000 (10 years), with a default of 30.
           If the timeout period is greater than 0, the /f parameter is
           implied.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version