ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Tool that lists digitally signed files from a folder/disk

<< < (15/18) > >>

Ath:
I've been testing on Win10 here, with SigCheckGUI 1.1.0.1 with SigCheck 2.10.0.0 and SigCheck 2.30.0.0, and I can see no different results when checking all running processes. Only 3 unsigned executables, and the rest is all green checks and Signed in the appropriate column, and all columns filled as expected. I've tested with Checksums and VirusTotal checks enabled in consecutive runs, and both with and without Run as Administrator, while UAC is enabled and on the default level.

Might it be that G Data is interfering with SigCheckGUI/SigCheck while it is checking the files? I'm using Avast (Free) here, and that does not interfere AFAICS. You could try to disabled G Data and see if that improves your scan-results, it could see the newer SigCheck version as an 'unknown' or 'unfamiliar' tool, and disallow or delay access resulting in intermittent failures during scanning.
(Experience has learned me over the years that disabling AV and similar tools solves a lot of intermittent and unexplained application failures, and there isn't much the application can do about that, as any workaround you devise comes back to bite you in your butt in the near future)

NB: This forum allows for in-message, on-forum, (image) attachments if you go to the Reply page or Preview your Quick Reply.

skwire:
Enabling "Run as Administrator" is NOT a solution!-pstein (November 15, 2015, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Enough with the exclamation points.  They certainly don't inspire me to fix anything.

Yes, of cause, I enabled it for both programs but it didn't help.
I even disabled UAC completely - it didn't help.
Moreover: Assume missing the Administrator rights would be the culprit: Then it should not work with v2.1 either!
But everything works fine for v2.1. On the same machine for the same SigCheck GUI installation (but different sigcheck.exe)-pstein (November 15, 2015, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

It might appear to be that simple.  However, because you run an anti-virus program which, usually, interferes with all running processes, this might not be the case.

At least I would expect some warning in SigCheck GUI like "Please run as Adminstrator" or "Warning: Run without Administrator rights".
But silently suppress some information is not smart.-pstein (November 15, 2015, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I do not suppress anything.  My application works as designed on my machine and on my XP virtual machine.  This makes it difficult to fix your reported issue.

I would appreciate if you could fix the error.
Thank you-pstein (November 15, 2015, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

What you need to realise is that this is a front-end for sigcheck.exe.  All I'm doing is "running" sigcheck.exe, just as you would in a DOS prompt on your system, and interpreting its output.  There is no programming voodoo I'm using here.  Past that, you are going to have to research and test why your system is getting this error.  You need start up a DOS prompt and run the different sigcheck.exe versions on the processes you get the blue icon for and see if you can figure out why 2.1 works and 2.2/2.3 do not.

For the record, I can confirm that the input and output syntax between all three versions is the same.  I can also tell you that SigcheckGUI uses the following command-line switches:

* -q -a (used always)
* -h (used if the compute hash option is enabled)
* -v (used if the query VirusTotal option is enabled)
So, a typical commandline for this might look like this:

"c:\path\to\sigcheck.exe" -q -a "c:\path\to\SomeExecutable.exe"

If you enable the other options, it would be like this:

"c:\path\to\sigcheck.exe" -q -a -h -v "c:\path\to\SomeExecutable.exe"

Of course, change the "c:\path\to" portions to match the paths on your system.

neverlight:
"Copy files" action does not seem to work.  :huh:

Kind regards,
Marius

skwire:
"Copy files" action does not seem to work.  :huh:-neverlight (January 27, 2016, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, Marius.   :up:

Website | Download
v1.1.1 - 2016-02-11
    ! Copy files functionality was broken.  (Thanks, neverlight)

David.P:
Hi forum and skwire,

thank you for the great GUI for Sigcheck!

I ran SigcheckGUI on all *.exe files on the hard drive, and with most of the files, I got a Virustotal result. However, for some files it would either not call Virustotal, or report "unknown" for the result, see below screenshot:

Is there anyting I can do to check those files as well on a batch run of SigcheckGUI?

Thanks again,
David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version