ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

AdGuard: the better Ad Muncher?

<< < (4/8) > >>

Jibz:
Does anyone know if AdGuard allows you to disable this behavior of proxying HTTPS traffic?  I'm currently using Ad Muncher and I don't have any complaints about HTTPS connections having too many ads.  However, I think I'm seeing the writing on the wall for AM, so I figure that I'll be moving to something else at some point and I'd rather that my HTTPS traffic just be left alone since I'm not seeing a problem with it.
-mwb1100 (September 01, 2014, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

It looks like 5.10 added support for disabling https filtering on specific sites, I don't know if there is a way to disable it for all.

YouTube's ads alone have me wanting some sort of https ad control.
-J-Mac (September 01, 2014, 09:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've never had YouTube ads here, and I don't really know why. I don't have an ad-blocker inside Chrome (other than Ghostery) -- perhaps it is because I am loggen in on YouTube?

Now Facebook on the other hand ... :wallbash:

J-Mac:
I've never had YouTube ads here, and I don't really know why. I don't have an ad-blocker inside Chrome (other than Ghostery) -- perhaps it is because I am loggen in on YouTube?

Now Facebook on the other hand ... :wallbash:
-Jibz (September 02, 2014, 01:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now if you are logged in to YouTube the ads are unbelievable. on the page, within the videos. Nearly unbearable.

Jim

Cloq:
Hm.. wonder if AdGuard respects your privacy.

Would be nice if someone knowledgeable would do a packet sniffing/inspection to see if your information (web habits/email/ssl data etc.) is sent back to Adguard or not.

Tuxman:
Depends. AdGuard's "extras" like WOT and malware scans need to exchange a lot of data; so does the automatic regional filter list update.

Zero3K:
The developer of Ad Muncher has no money to spend on developing the new version. So, its not going to come out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version