ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cyberfox Anyone?

<< < (8/9) > >>

40hz:
I think the FF release cycle is just too fast.  And it's driving the spin-offs to keep up.  Seems like if it's FF or Pale Moon or whatever, it works for a couple of updates, then it's funky for a few.

A lot of time is wasted trying out supposedly stable versions only to uninstall after a bad patch.

-MilesAhead (August 04, 2014, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

This.

superboyac:
I think the FF release cycle is just too fast.  And it's driving the spin-offs to keep up.  Seems like if it's FF or Pale Moon or whatever, it works for a couple of updates, then it's funky for a few.

A lot of time is wasted trying out supposedly stable versions only to uninstall after a bad patch.

-MilesAhead (August 04, 2014, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah.  They went crazy once they tried to keep up with the chrome version numbers.  But, you know, it's one of those business things, and those business guys seem to always be laughing at us technical folk.

MilesAhead:
Just a quick update.  So far nothing weird.  Even that search page on Windows forums Tutorials is showing up now.  It must have been a site glitch they fixed that only effected FF based browsers.

MilesAhead:
Hmmm Super Anti Spyware portable has a new look.  It used to find about 50 tracking cookies on every Quick Scan.  Now it doesn't find any.  I'm wondering if it's because:

a) the new SAS doesn't detect them even though they are there
b) I switched from FF 30 to Cyberfox 31 x64 so there aren't any
c) SAS doesn't look where Cyberfox puts its cookies

Has anyone noticed this SAS change?

superboyac:
Hmmm Super Anti Spyware portable has a new look.  It used to find about 50 tracking cookies on every Quick Scan.  Now it doesn't find any.  I'm wondering if it's because:

a) the new SAS doesn't detect them even though they are there
b) I switched from FF 30 to Cyberfox 31 x64 so there aren't any
c) SAS doesn't look where Cyberfox puts its cookies

Has anyone noticed this SAS change?

-MilesAhead (August 07, 2014, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
well that's interesting.  If it weren't for cyberfox, i'd say it definitely has to do with the SAS makeover.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version