ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cyberfox Anyone?

<< < (3/9) > >>

ewemoa:
I don't know what "auto-raise" is.  Would you describe it?
-MilesAhead (July 30, 2014, 05:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

This might be described as having the window one has a pointing-device pointer over coming to the front / top automatically.  I think it's likely to get used where the settings are such that focus-follows-mouse (so no clicking necessary for focus to change).

ewemoa:
For those who like Firefox forks on Linux, there's a native Pale Moon around. :)
-Tuxman (July 30, 2014, 06:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

He he.  I haven't gotten in to run under NixOS yet -- hopefully before too long though :)

MilesAhead:
This might be described as having the window one has a pointing-device pointer over coming to the front / top automatically.  I think it's likely to get used where the settings are such that focus-follows-mouse (so no clicking necessary for focus to change).

--- End quote ---

Ok.  I remember when I first used XWindows that used to drive me nuts.  Focus change on hover and single click launch.  I'll be glad when I can get a workbench with a few machines on it.  There seems to be a plethora of specialized Linux distros now.  It's a good time to jump back in the pool.  :)

MilesAhead:
Not to jump the gun, but on my second day I have to say I like it.  It seems to run as smooth as FF 27.0 Portable.  My AddOns all seem to work.

Edit:  The only annoyance so far.. no favicons.

Edit2:  This favicon reloader works with it:

40hz:
For those who like Firefox forks on Linux, there's a native Pale Moon around. :)
-Tuxman (July 30, 2014, 06:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1! Good recommendation! It's my default choice when I need a full-featured browser running under Linux. Works like a charm for me with Debian-based distros. YMMV. 8)

--------------------

@M - I definitely want to try that portable version of Cyberfox under Windows. I keep hoping I can eventually cram and run all the Windows things I need off a USB key for those increasingly infrequent occasions when I need to be in Windows. If all goes well, my old Windows PC will eventually be relegated to serving as a gaming platform. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version