ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Godmode

(1/8) > >>

Cuffy:
Does everyone have a copy of Godmode?
it's almost as good as a start menu.............

Click create folder.

Name your sparkly, new folder this, "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}" and press enter.

Blink as the folder changes form to look like the <a href="http:/

Open the folder and bask in all your godly, control panel-y power.</p>

Use everything between the quotes but NOT the quotes for the folder name.
 :)

I have it working in Win8.1.1, Win7Pro 64, Win7Pro 32 and I think it worked in XP

All the same numbers.
Evidently somebody was thinking........... how unusual??
You can put the folder on your desktop, on your root drive, or both.
Straight to the control panel, neat and sanitary!
Works anywhere and nothing is installed. These are just shortcuts to various applets in control panel.

Cuffy:
Anyone confused or can't get it working?

Maybe some help here.....

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/understanding-windows-7s-godmode/

Cuffy:
I'm curious here.....
Godmode post has 143 reads and yet nobody has reported installing or using it.

The access provided by Godmode is almost equal to the start menu. Indispensable if you use "Add/Remove, Network or Disk Management, etc..

I use it constantly and would hate to be without it. :huh:

Edvard:
Certainly interesting, but I thought "God mode" had been around since Win 98?  Wonder where I learned that?  :huh: 

Obviously not from Wikipedia:
The Windows Master Control Panel shortcut, labeled All Tasks and also called Windows God Mode by bloggers and All Tasks folder by at least one Microsoft developer,[1] is a short-cut to access various control settings in Windows Vista and later operating systems.
--- End quote ---

Cuffy:
Certainly interesting, but I thought "God mode" had been around since Win 98?  Wonder where I learned that?  :huh: 

Obviously not from Wikipedia:
The Windows Master Control Panel shortcut, labeled All Tasks and also called Windows God Mode by bloggers and All Tasks folder by at least one Microsoft developer,[1] is a short-cut to access various control settings in Windows Vista and later operating systems.
--- End quote ---
-Edvard (July 28, 2014, 07:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I really can't remember when I first started using it. I think Ed Bott was the original author but I'm not sure of that either.
I just dropped that number into Find in the registry. It's simply the addy for the control panel. I'd try some of the other numbers in the registry but how do you know what to look for??
ED...... is capitalized...........
ee...... not?
gotta break the code and see what we can find??? :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version