ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Need a Script to Move User Files Into a Subfolder

<< < (2/2)

Stoic Joker:
Okay, initial small sample testing looks good ... But I'm going to get some sleep before a try touching this off on a full scale test. I've been pulling 16 hour days for 3 weeks straight on this gig so being fried is a state I past long ago and remember fondly.

Oh and yes the structure is figurative (they actually use name fragments), I was just tying to describe the problem as clearly as possible.

Thank You!

4wd:
In that case it should be obvious that you should use the shorter versions rather than my original.   ;)

Thank Abterix for that  :Thmbsup:

And as Anthony Quayle used to say: "Pleasant dreams."  >:D

Stoic Joker:
@AlbertiX - Thank you!

Thank Abterix for that-4wd (July 28, 2014, 12:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

:D

Well I ran it live on the production system and it worked perfectly. I even discovered an interesting ("Feature") side effect. It seems that if there is not adequate permissions to move the file, it will loop at 30 second intervals and stall on that file. The advantage here was once noticed, all I had to do was reset the permissions on that file and wait 30 seconds for the script to continue ... Which was way better than having to start the whole shebang over from the beginning.

Now I just have to point it at the 568GB of faculty files and I should be just about done with this part.

Thanks Guys! You really saved my ass on this one.

4wd:
It seems that if there is not adequate permissions to move the file, it will loop at 30 second intervals and stall on that file.-Stoic Joker (July 28, 2014, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I noted the permissions aspect when I was playing with the robocopy /COPY: option - didn't get the 30 second loop though, possibly because I wasn't Admin.

Now I just have to point it at the 568GB of faculty files and I should be just about done with this part.
--- End quote ---

Is it about now I should mention the hidden format command?

Thanks Guys! You really saved my ass on this one.
--- End quote ---

No problem  :)

Probably get skwire to mark as DONE if your OK with it.

Stoic Joker:
It seems that if there is not adequate permissions to move the file, it
--- End quote ---
-Stoic Joker (July 28, 2014, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is it about now I should mention the hidden format command? -4wd (July 29, 2014, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hay, either way I'm done...so it's all good.. :D

Probably get skwire to mark as DONE if your OK with it.-4wd (July 29, 2014, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Werks 4 me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version