ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Anybody use or familiar with Roll20?

<< < (2/2)

wraith808:
I'd forgotten about that one... it falls more into the line with Battle Map 2 and/or 3D Virtual Tabletop, doesn't it?

40hz:
If money is no object, FG is the best.  The only downside at that time becomes you have to have it installed, and licensed,
-wraith808 (July 26, 2014, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks! Money is less an issue than the fact FG has the Call of Cthulhu ruleset - and especially a Masks of Nylarthotep module all set up and ready to go.

The people who are interested in this simply want to play the Masks of Nylarthotep campaign. So having it available for purchase at a reasonable price makes it a no-brainer. Figure $149 for the FG-Ultimate license plus $15 for the CoC ruleset and $25 for the MoN module comes totals $189 - which when divided among 8 players comes out to just under $24 each. That's very doable.

They also want to move quickly since Masks has a very long story arc which will take (roughly) the better part of a year for the average gaming circle to complete. Because of that, it's hard to assemble a group of players who are willing to commit to doing it. So it's best not to keep them waiting too long to start.
 8) ;)

wraith808:
If money is no object, FG is the best.  The only downside at that time becomes you have to have it installed, and licensed,
-wraith808 (July 26, 2014, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks! Money is less an issue than the fact FG has the Call of Cthulhu ruleset - and especially a Masks of Nylarthotep module all set up and ready to go.

The people who are interested in this simply want to play the Masks of Nylarthotep campaign. So having it available for purchase at a reasonable price makes it a no-brainer. Figure $149 for the FG-Ultimate license plus $15 for the CoC ruleset and $25 for the MoN module comes out to $189 - which when divided among 8 players comes out to just under $24 each. That's very doable.

They also need to move quickly since Masks has a very long story arc which will take (roughly) the better part of a year for the average gaming circle to complete. Because of that, it's hard to assemble a group of players who are willing to commit to doing it. So it's best not to keep them waiting too long to start.
 8) ;)

-40hz (July 27, 2014, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

One thing I will caution you about.  Try the trial first.  It has very specific needs as far as networking is concerned.  I still haven't gotten it flawlessly set up for some of my remote players.

They are very active on the forums and in help, and there's a lot of documentation there, however, as befits a premium product.  It's just premium, and using disparate networks for the transport... so it can be fiddly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version