ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Acquires Twitch for $1 Billion

<< < (2/2)

Cuffy:
I read these numbers "billion"..........
then remember that it takes 100,000 light years for light to travel from one end of the Milky Way, our Milky Way, to the other end, go out and step on an ant, flex my muscles, yawn, and come back in and pour a cup of coffee. meh!! 8)

rgdot:
Amazon, not Google, is buying Twitch for $970 million

Twitch is getting bought, but it's not YouTube and Google that are doing the buying. Amazon has agreed to buy the massively popular video game streaming website in an all-cash deal totaling approximately $970 million. The announcement is surprising in light of recent reports that suggested YouTube and Twitch had already reached a $1 billion buyout agreement to bring Twitch's platform and massive community under the Google umbrella.
--- End quote ---

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/25/6066295/amazon-reportedly-buying-twitch-for-over-1-billion

wraith808:
I don't know if that's better or worse...  :huh:

KynloStephen66515:
-wraith808 (August 25, 2014, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

At least Google would have been highly unlikely to start charging you for the service, even if it would have meant having to invent some new high level ad blocker for it to be remotely usable.

:huh:

wraith808:
-wraith808 (August 25, 2014, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

At least Google would have been highly unlikely to start charging you for the service, even if it would have meant having to invent some new high level ad blocker for it to be remotely usable.

:huh:
-Stephen66515 (August 26, 2014, 03:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Google could have also killed the service and rolled it into YT.  That's what people were most afraid of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version