ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Printer's Ink

<< < (2/4) > >>

Cuffy:
If you're really printing a *lot*, you could set up one of those IV style systems where you have the ink in bottles piped directly to the cartridges.

Try http://www.printerknowledge.com/forums/inkjet-continuous-flow-systems.10/ for more info
-tomos (July 24, 2014, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
I read a piece by Vic Laurie recently that printer's ink is about $3000 a gallon. May be better to pipe in crude oil?

tomos:
If you're really printing a *lot*, you could set up one of those IV style systems where you have the ink in bottles piped directly to the cartridges.

Try http://www.printerknowledge.com/forums/inkjet-continuous-flow-systems.10/ for more info
-tomos (July 24, 2014, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
I read a piece by Vic Laurie recently that printer's ink is about $3000 a gallon. May be better to pipe in crude oil?
-Cuffy (July 24, 2014, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

well, that'll look after the black. All you need now is the other three :D

Cuffy:
I may have to settle for black and white!

I'm having second thoughts, anyway. Think of the file structure alone to house the entire internet. Look at DC, and the Library of Congress, and Google!!! Wow, a directory tree to handle everything would make the Win8 registry look like a pimple,
I gotta find another hobby!
 :-[

Vurbal:
If you're looking at mass printing, a laserjet is the only way to go IMO. Even for color printing, as long as price is more important than perfect color reproduction, laser is far and away your best bet.

The tricky part with laserjets, in this context anyway, is paying close attention to the lifetime output and duty cycle recommendations for the printer as a whole and individual components. You can usually find rock solid used HP departmental or workgroup printers. still good for tens or even hundreds of thousands of pages, for extremely reasonable prices.

Cuffy:
Thanks,

I'm beginning to think this is a bad idea. I've been playing with Google, trying to get a URL for the internet, but you get nothing useful. entrance to the internet doesn't come up with anything you can work with either. There's just no specific place to start printing!

And then, after you get it all printed, how do you file it? Dewey Decimal System? It's been years since I've heard that even mentioned. How much will it accommodate ?

Too many questions that I can't answer. I think I'll leave it alone awhile until I have more answers.

Thanks

8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version