ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Moore's Law Dead by 2022, Expert Says

<< < (4/4)

Deozaan:
Right now I have 13 processes taking up more than 100 MB of RAM. This is just crazy.-Renegade (July 27, 2014, 08:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would be nice...
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Deozaan (July 28, 2014, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahaha!

It's called 'closing tabs'. Try it sometime! ;D-Renegade (July 29, 2014, 12:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

They close?! :o

:P

TaoPhoenix:
My current box is 4 years old (about), and still has LOTS of power. It was mid-range when I got it too.

Few people need what many computers can do now. They do email, Fac My current box is 4 years old (about), and still has LOTS of power. It was mid-range when I got it too.

Few people need what many computers can do now. They do email, Facebook, and not much else.
-Renegade (July 24, 2014, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
-Renegade (July 24, 2014, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll update this a hair but I basically agree with it.

My box was quasi-high-end on purpose when I had a buddy build it cold.

I'm not just a "Facebook-email Newb", but if ya think about it, posting on like seven more sites and running a few new progs, I nailed the sweet spot too, and don't need much more beyond silly "end of life for XP" concerns.

I don't do hardcore gaming, so there's very little else that I could even want to do that requires more than (the original) quad core engine and twin Terabyte drives really needs. Yeah, I have a couple of system maintenance things I've been putting off, but performance wise, I thought long and far ahead and did it right and basically don't need much more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version