ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Scoring of recently used items being re-scored after presented in FARR

<< < (3/4) > >>

Filipe Meira Castro:
Thank you all for comments and help :)

Current settings, searching "Mus" eventully scores 2724, then I click enter and the folder C:\MyFolder\Media\Music is launched in Windows Explorer!!

An intriguing thing is, If I then call FARR again, even without typing anything, I see that "Music" item is ready alredy on the list on top place but only with score 1000!!!!!!!!! And if I then start type "Mus" for a few instants that FARR redraws and that folder gets 645 points that will reach the 2724 seconds after...

My current settings:

Under search folders:
   Removing "C:\MyFolder\Media" (score 800) --> will get score 639

Under Heuristic Scoring rules:
   Without "Left most Match Bonus (250) --> will get score 2700
   Without "History File Bonus (adds weight to previously launched items) (1000) --> will get score 2724 (Same!!)
   Without "History File Bonus Max Autoceiling (Grouw to this) (510) --> will get score 2724 (Same!!)
   Without "Folder Score as % os file score [<100 ranks files above folder](300) --> will get score 908

Filipe Meira Castro:
Hmmm,,

I have deleted all my history items and it seems related to it... it had a low score on the history to start with...

When launching a new item it will be stored in the history and the "Score file Bonus (Adds weight to previously launched items)" will set / increase score.
But If I keep doing the same, that score is not changed....

Is there a way to keep increasing the score every time a result is launched?

Cheers,
Filipe

mouser:
Is there a way to keep increasing the score every time a result is launched?
--- End quote ---
this happens automatically.  the settings adjust by how much the scores grow each time and to what ceiling.

Filipe Meira Castro:
The final result is not increasing as the item is launched, but when I go to the options and "launch History" I can see that item score is increasing at the rate of 1. I have no idea why this is not going through to the end score and it is also strange because my "History File Bonus" parameter is 50 and I could not see any field that I have 1 as a setting!!

This is much better since I deleted/recreated the history.

Thank you so much for helping :)

mouser:
Does this explain why yours isn't growing:

Is your second number lower than first?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version