ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

add filter row like ditto or ethervane

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
Would it be better to have a different hotkey that brought up a different small dialog window designed for quickly filtering and pasting, and keep the quick-paste menu the way it is?

tomos:
I'd love to see this implemented somehow, but yeah, how...

#1) a searchbox added to the quickpaste list would have this advantage:
if unsure if a clip still on the quickpaste list, open that, if it's not there, then Ctrl+F and search.

#2) OTOH, "a different hotkey that brought up a different small dialog window designed for quickly filtering and pasting" could work like FARR using the F keys or Ctrl+[number] to select/use a clip.
The initial dialogue could (maybe) list the current quickpaste list (?)

^ that (#2) does sound very nice to me...

RichTWebGuy:
@mouser, the 'different small dialog window' would work. 

If I was going to suggest a workflow, it would be:
- hit a hotkey
- dialog appears with a list of the 10 most recent clips
- select one by clicking on it
- or type a few chars to filter and get a different (filtered) list of 10.  Ideally, I could just start typing to filter (not have to hit ctrl-f or click in an input box to give it focus)

Whatever's the easiest way for you to do that (or least impact way for other users) is fine with me.

And thanks for discussing this.

mouser:
Ideally, I could just start typing to filter (not have to hit ctrl-f or click in an input box to give it focus)
--- End quote ---

right -- well that's one benefit of using a separate dialog -- it would open and have focus in search box right away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version