ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Data not being written to MySQL DB

<< < (3/4) > >>

kyrathaba:
Both lines of the $query are needed. The "VALUES..." needs to be concatenated with the dot operator to the previous line, because you must match values to the number of column parameters passed into the table.

kyrathaba:
The help guy disabled the module that was causing the error message I showed earlier. But now I'm getting this error_log:

[21-Jul-2014 22:30:42 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/: cannot read file data: Is a directory in Unknown on line 0
--- End quote ---

Stoic Joker:
Both lines of the $query are needed. The "VALUES..." needs to be concatenated with the dot operator to the previous line, because you must match values to the number of column parameters passed into the table.
-kyrathaba (July 21, 2014, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, knew that part (familiar with SQL). I'm just not sure it's syntactically correct, as I've only seen a plain '.' used with echo direct to page...never for a query string build.

rgdot:
The help guy disabled the module that was causing the error message I showed earlier. But now I'm getting this error_log:

[21-Jul-2014 22:30:42 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/: cannot read file data: Is a directory in Unknown on line 0
--- End quote ---
-kyrathaba (July 21, 2014, 09:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same error without the specific dll? perhaps (another) line in php.ini needs to be commented out.

kyrathaba:
@Stoic gotcha. I derived my code from sample code in a php/mysql Head First book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version