ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Data not being written to MySQL DB

(1/4) > >>

kyrathaba:
I have a very simple web form that collects firstname, lastname, and email address from someone visiting my Proofreading Services page and wanting to contact me regarding me doing some proofreading work for them.

I'm quite sure that my username, database, password, and host are set correctly, and my attempt to write to the database doesn't trigger a die(), and yet...

No data gets written to the MySQL database table. Furthermore, I get the following error-log info:

[21-Jul-2014 16:24:38 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_xslt.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_xslt.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[21-Jul-2014 16:28:38 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_xslt.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_xslt.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

--- End quote ---

rgdot:
Probably need to look in the php.ini and make sure phpxslt.dll exists or is referenced at all. Also the path to it exists.

kyrathaba:
Dunno that I have access. This is on a gamera host. I have filed a support ticket.

Stoic Joker:
php_xslt.dll has nothing to do with MySQL that I know of. One Quick-N-Dirty trick I've used a few times is to have a page echo the MySQL query to the page (and then stop) so I can then either just see what's happening (/missing at run time), or then paste it into a PHPMyAdmin prompt to see if I can get an error or successful result set of 0.

It's saved me much anguish over stupid (leading spaces in values etc.) mistakes.

kyrathaba:
I'm attaching my PHP script. The only thing I've changed is that I substituted the pound symbol (#) in place of the actual characters used in my db password, username, etc.

That, and the attached file ends in .txt instead of .php. Now, be gentle, I've never written PHP code before, so it's probably not well-formed. But see if anything is a deal-breaker
in the code. I'm not triggering the die( ) function in my code.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version