ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

web automation

<< < (3/3)

Renegade:
is there any other option?

I want to create my own standalone programs that automate webpages and secure them with password so that the source won't be visible! and sell them!

as I can do with AutoHotKey for desktop automation programs!
-kalos (September 02, 2014, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've done a lot of web automation in the past using Visual Studio. I don't know if that's an option for you. There are a few tricks that you need to know to get things smooth, but it does work.
-Renegade (September 02, 2014, 08:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

how do you get VS to "see" a radio button or a text form in a website?
-kalos (September 14, 2014, 07:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Here's an example:

--- Code: C# ---// This is the basic method to use when a document loads. Expect problems and check StackExchange. private void webBrowser1_DocumentCompleted(object sender, WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs e){        // Get a collection of all the kinds of elements that you want to look at.         // In this case, we're looking for <input> tags.         HtmlElementCollection collection = webBrowser1.Document.GetElementsByTagName("input");         // Run through the collection and look for a specific element.         foreach (HtmlElement element in collection) {                                // Check the name of the element.                 if (element.Name == "user") {                        element.InnerText = "kalos";                }                 // Check if the element has a specific attribute.                 if (element.GetAttribute("type") == "password") {                        this.Text = "Found it!";                        element.InnerText = "some password";                }        }} // This shows clicking a sbumit button. private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e){        // Get a collection of all the kinds of elements that you want to look at.         // In this case, we're looking for <input> tags.         HtmlElementCollection collection = webBrowser1.Document.GetElementsByTagName("input");         // Run through the collection and look for a specific element.         foreach (HtmlElement element in collection) {                 // Check if the element has a specific attribute.                 if (element.GetAttribute("type") == "submit") {                        this.Text = "Found the submit button!";                        // This is how you click. It is not always 100% reliable.                         element.InvokeMember("Click");                }        }}
Here's the compiled version:

WebBrowserForKalos.zip (39.53 kB - downloaded 282 times.)

It should look like this:

I think that should be enough to get you started.

kalos:
thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version